Why should I drink matcha?
Thousands of people, all over the world, drink matcha today for its immense health benefits. For example, matcha includes 137x more antioxidants than a cup of traditionally brewed green tea. This makes it one of the most antioxidant rich superfoods, surpassing even goji berries and acai berries. Matcha also contains EGCG and L-Theanine, two incredibly potent chemical compounds that have been proven to speed up your metabolism, and strengthen your immune system.
Seriously, Why is it good for you?
According to Eisai (the Buddhist monk who studied in China and India and brought Buddhist culture and tea culture to Japan – what a guy), green tea is a precious medicine for health and long life. That makes matcha a SUPER precious medicine for health and long life.
The potential health benefits of green tea are well known and include:
- increased focus and concentration
- higher energy levels
- enhanced metabolism
- stronger immune system
- clearer skin
- general improved well being
(Also, don't forget the looks of superiority about how much of a health junkie you are choosing green tea over your coffee-drinking friends). We know that sciencey stuff and long-hard-to-pronounce technical words are a bore but they're pretty important for your body. Just like the Mix N Matcha blend - designed to be user friendly - we'll try to make it simple.
- ANTIOXIDANTS: These help boost the immune system and fight cancer-causing free radicals in the body. According to the latest testing method, ORAC, matcha's rating is 1300 units per gram, compared to pomegranates 105 units per gram or blueberries 91 units. 1 g of matcha = 500g raw spinach. 130 times more calcium than normal green tea and 172 times the amount of protein!!!
- THEANINE: Tea is the only plant that makes this amino acid which is what makes you alert without giving you the jitters and is why green tea is a superior source of caffeine to coffee. It stimulates the brain waves while relaxing the mind - this is why buddhist monks use matcha for meditation. It creates the same energising effect of coffee without the anxiety and shakes coffee can cause.
- CAFFEINE: Yes, green tea does contain caffeine. Caffeine is also known for its potential to increase focus and stimulate weight loss. However, 1 gram of matcha contains about 25-30mg of caffeine whereas regular coffee has up to 80-100mg. Further, the caffeine in green tea combines with theanine to create a focusing and calming effect on the body rather than the nervousness of too much coffee!VITAMINS & MINERALS: The rest is all long sciencey words like chlorophyll and bioflavonoids. To simplify, green tea contains lots of other goodies that help boost the immune system, help you detox and maintain general wellbeing. Matcha has higher levels of oil soluble constituents (e.g. Vitamins A, E and beta carotene) that are otherwise extracted into water when brewed as regular green tea.
- VITAMINS & MINERALS: The rest is all long sciencey words like chlorophyll and bioflavonoids. To simplify, green tea contains lots of other goodies that help boost the immune system, help you detox and maintain general wellbeing. Matcha has higher levels of oil soluble constituents (e.g. Vitamins A, E and beta carotene) that are otherwise extracted into water when brewed as regular green tea. Win!
Matcha reduces fat deposits in the body and helps control how much fat the body takes in. It can remove harmful toxins from the body with its natural detoxification elements. It helps to increase energy and stamina, while fighting long term fatigue and drowsiness. For weight loss the chlorogenic acid in green coffee beans will affect how the body handles blood sugar and metabolism. By speeding up your metabolism and controlling your sugar levels it will help allow you to lose weight.
Move over cofee!
BENEFITS OF MATCHA TEA
VS TRADITIONAL GREEN TEA
Rich in Fiber
Rich in Chlorophyll
Vegan, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, non gmo, and KETO APPROVED
Not to mention you get natural caffeine without the JITTERS or CRASH.
2x the antioxidants ofRed-wine
6x the antioxidants of of Dark Chocolate
14x the antioxidants of of blueberries (per grams)
23x the antioxidants of Acai Berries
137x the antioxidants of of Ordinary Green Tea